Contact details for the controller and processor of your personal data
Sales Tec Limited
127 Wycombe Road
Tel: 01628 567010
Email via our contact form: firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal data we collect
We will collect a limited amount of personal information provided during a product or service enquiry. The data we collect from you is limited to:
- Your name and title
- Your company or business address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number(s)
During the course of a consultation, we may record notes covering confidential subjects relating to your business. These may be retained as an aid to our consultation but they will not be shared with anyone outside Sales Tec without your express permission. At the end of our consultation, the notes will be securely destroyed.
Why we hold your data
The contact information that we hold allows us to deal with your order or enquiry more quickly and efficiently and allows us to retain a record of historical enquiries or orders so that we are better placed to advise you. Occasionally, we may communicate with you regarding our offers and services that we believe will be relevant to you. Any marketing communication from us will give you the option of ‘unsubscribing’ from future marketing communications. Your data will only be used by us or our ‘partner processors’ (see below); we will never sell on your data to a third party.
The lawful basis and purpose for processing personal data
Legitimate Interest Purposes – Article 6 of the GDPR
- Processing your limited personal data benefits both you and Sales Tec since by holding limited personal information we can respond more quickly and accurately to your enquiries by accessing your account or enquiry history. We can also recommend future products or services which may be of interest to you and this helps us by making our communications more relevant to you.
- The processing of your data is based on your relationship with us as an existing or future customer.
- We do not ‘buy-in’ personal data and the reason we hold this personal information is that you have supplied it to us.
- If you instruct us to remove your personal data from our databases, we will do this within 28 days and acknowledge your request.
Others who process data on our behalf (our ‘partner processors’)
- Our Directors, employees and associates employed by Sales Tec
- Quick Books (our accounting system for invoicing and billing)
- Ontrac Training Limited (our partner training provider)
The length of time we hold personal data
Our sales cycle can be extremely long between orders from the same business or contact and it is not unusual for these periods to span many years. To ensure that we can maintain a history of continuity with our customers, we will retain personal data for a period of 15 years from the date of the last contact.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no lawful basis for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to the processing of your personal data. If, having provided us with your personal data, something changes in your personal situation, you may object on these grounds. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing processes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the personal data we hold; (b) you have objected to our use of personal data, but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
If you wish to exercise your rights above, please contact us using the details at the top of this page.
You will not have to pay a charge to exercise any of the rights listed above but we may make a reasonable charge if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive
How we will keep your data secure
Sales Tec has in place appropriate security measures designed to keep your personal data secure, preventing it from being lost, stolen, accessed or disclosed in an unauthorised way. These measures include:
- Limiting access of your personal data to only individuals that have a genuine need to access it.
- Only allowing these individuals to use your personal data in accordance with your/our instructions
- Having procedures in place to deal with any suspected or confirmed personal data breach and to notify you and the supervising authority of a breach where we are legally obliged to do so.
In the event of a complaint
If you wish to complain, please do so in the first instance to Sales Tec using the contact details at the top of this page. We will seek to investigate your complaint within 48 hours.
You can also obtain further GDPR information or exercise your right to make a complaint if you feel we have not handled your personal data correctly by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Information Commissioner’s office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113